Home|Blog | Which Cosmetic Breast Surgery Is Right for Me at My Age?
Which Cosmetic Breast Surgery Is Right for Me at My Age?
3 Minute Read:
When it comes to having cosmetic breast surgery, you have several options to meet your needs. These needs or goals may change over the years for a number of reasons. In fact, many women undergo more than one procedure over the course of their lifetime.
Most Popular Cosmetic Breast Surgery Options for Young Women
The two most common breast procedures for young women include:
- Breast augmentation/breast implants – Undergoing a breast augmentation is a great way to improve your figure, proportions, allure, increase your confidence and more. This breast enhancement procedure offers many options in order to customize the results to your preferences. These variables include:
- Implant type — silicone or saline (a substantial majority of women select silicone implants)
- Size — from very small to very large
- Implant profile — width to height ratio that can affect breast projection, width and overall configuration
- Implant shape — round or tear-drop (most all implants used are round)
- Implant surface texture — smooth or textured (most all used are smooth)
- Incision location — at the breast crease, lower half of the areola or in the armpit.
- Implant pocket location — in front of or behind the chest wall muscle
- Breast reduction – Satisfaction rates following breast reduction surgery are among the highest of all cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery procedures for many good reasons. The procedure can reduce or effectively eliminate symptoms and issues that women with very large breasts experience including:
- Back, neck and shoulder pains
- Skin irritation and rashes
- Fatigue related to breast size and position
- Postural changes
- Difficulty fitting into clothes
- Dissatisfaction with the shape of one’s body
- Limitations in physical activities that can be engaged in or performed comfortably
Popular Cosmetic Breast Surgery Options for Women After Childbirth
Many women who are not planning on having more children also have similar desires to undergo a breast augmentation or a breast reduction. In addition, in this group the following procedures are also common:
- Breast lift surgery – Pregnancy and nursing can cause your breasts to sag. A breast lift can help to restore your breasts to a more youthful position and appearance.
- Breast augmentation with a lift – Not infrequently, breasts can become “deflated” and droopy after pregnancy. Undergoing a breast augmentation along with a lift can restore or provide you with greater volume, firmness and a rejuvenated appearance.
Cosmetic Breast Surgery for “Mature” Women
“Mature” women can also benefit from a variety of cosmetic breast surgery procedures. These include:
- Breast reduction — By reducing the size of large, droopy breasts, a breast reduction not only can alleviate associated symptoms but can also improve one’s overall appearance and proportionality
- Breast augmentation — As is true at any age, by enlarging one’s breasts to a more desirable size and proportionality, a breast augmentation can provide greater satisfaction, happiness, confidence and attractiveness.
- Breast lift — Drooping breasts can be lifted and rejuvenated with a mastopexy so as to provide a more youthful and satisfactory appearance.
- Breast lift and breast augmentation — Breasts that are both small and droopy or deflated can definitely benefit from a combination of breast implants and a breast lift in order to obtain a younger, more attractive looking figure that can provide a well-deserved boost in happiness and confidence.
Phoenix Breast Enhancement Specialist and American Top Doctor
Dr. Steven H. Turkeltaub, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, is a cosmetic and reconstructive breast specialist in Scottsdale, Arizona, who serves the greater Scottsdale and Phoenix areas. He is highly respected for his award-winning work.
Call our office today or scroll down to contact us online to schedule your consultation with Dr. Turkeltaub.